Senior Campaign StrategistLondon E1W
United StatesPrimary Contact : ROYAL PHARMACEUTICAL SOCIETY
This position is geared toward professionals with 7+ years of experience in campaigning, organizing, government affairs or advocacy/lobbying. Background should include 2+ years of experience in a leadership position (i.e., campaign manager, senior lead organizer or senior lobbyist). Responsibilities include developing and executing campaign plans; leading strategies and tactics to move a policy agenda; and catalyzing and leading partnerships with a range of local, state and federal allies, including elected officials. We are especially interested in candidates who have a strong movement-building orientation. The successful candidate will join a campaigns team that places a high value on diversity and is committed to distributed leadership. This position reports to the Director of Campaigns and Outreach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Independently develop and lead key programmatic areas for our campaign work, identifying and driving program goals, strategies, and tactics
- Co-develop a theory of change for issue and legislative campaigns; participate in recalibrating our campaigning, partnership and advocacy priorities based on the shifting political environment
- Generate and implement new creative strategies for campaigning with the full range of Demos resources, including but not limited to: testimony, partnership and alliance building, media appearances, opinion writing, new research materials, advocacy letters, webinars, convenings, social media, legislative outreach and coalition formation/engagement
- Partner with our legal, research and communications teams to advance campaigns, joint program areas and projects
- Supervise junior campaigns team staff
- Significantly expand Demos’ influence and reach with policymakers, elected officials and advocates
- Build alignment, public demand and political will to launch and lead new campaigns
- Play a leadership, manager and coordinator role in local and remote coalition
- Represent Demos in public and in the media, working to raise Demos’ profile as a progressive flagship institution
- Represent Demos on the Hill: organize hearings and briefings, build relationships with key staff, and track and move key offices on our public policy agenda.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- Working for racial equity. You consistently integrate your deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions. You address the structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects.
- Proven success as a campaign or partnerships manager. You command trust and authority from external and internal stakeholders. You have a history of building alignment based on values and long-term vision that has resulted in advanced campaigns and expanded stakeholders. You meet people where they are and win people over to your point of view.
- Attention to detail with high standards for work products and relationship management. You like setting ambitious goals, bringing rigor to your work and management.
- Ability to align and move people and organizations into action. You communicate your ideas and plans in ways that build credibility, inspire and align people and motivate action. You have experience with identifying the appropriate asks of individuals and organizations, creating commitments and mutual accountability. You have experience training members, organizers or advocates on policy issues, advocacy and lobbying.
- Ability to quickly gain deep issue fluency. You have a demonstrated ability to quickly gain comprehension and understanding in new policy areas.
- Proven record as a compelling public speaker. You have a history of representing organizations in multiple forums, including the delivery of legislative testimony, speaking with the media, and presenting on public-facing panels.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and manage workflow across teams and departments. You prioritize and switch gears quickly between multiple projects. You successfully plan and coordinate workflow across teams, consistently meeting deadlines and motivating others to do the same. You are comfortable designing and directing others to use project management systems that include Google Docs and/or other online workflow management tools.
The most competitive candidates will demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Experienced movement-builder. Your previous work includes conceptualizing, building and playing a leadership role in transformative organizing campaigns, field expansion efforts, and/or collaborations designed to make strategic interventions in a field or sector.
- Well-networked and deep connections across the progressive and social justice movement(s). You have a strong set of relationships within the progressive movement, ideally including both national and state-based policy, advocacy and grassroots organizing groups and networks.
- Proven success as a supervisor. You bring at least 2 years of experience (or the equivalent management expertise) as a supervisor, and have managed teams with diverse skillsets in a campaign-oriented advocacy environment.
- Facilitation and training experience. You are a dynamic facilitator with the ability to build and move a diverse group through a process.
- Issue fluency in our core issues. Experience and expertise with at least one of Dēmos’ core issues: democracy reform (campaign finance and voting rights) and economic opportunity (college affordability, economic opportunity and workers’ rights).
- Bilingual and/or bicultural. You bring bilingual language skills and or bicultural fluency into your work.
- Great sense of humor. You complement rigor and high standards with an ability to encourage fun and laughter in a team environment.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position is competitive for our sector. We have a generous benefits package which includes health insurance (dental and vision), 10 paid holidays, 20 vacation days and 12 sick days per year, and the opportunity to contribute to a 403b plan.
How to Apply:
Upload a cover letter and a résumé at http://demos.hiringthing.com. We are looking for an immediate hire, so applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Dēmos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.