Executive Assistant, Research and Office of the PresidentBedfordshire
United StatesPrimary Contact : Danesh Kalia
We’re seeking a positive, highly-organized lover of details with a strong ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organization and ensure the support for our President and Vice President, Policy and Research runs smoothly and efficiently.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
·Administrative support for the President and Vice President, Policy and Research
o Arrange travel and prepare itineraries
o Liaise with the Database Administrator to ensure contact information is entered into the Salesforce database
o Plan and prepare materials for meetings
o Maintain files
o Reconcile expenses
o Draft and edit materials and correspondence
· Scheduling, e-mail and phone support for the Vice President, Policy and Research
o Manage the calendars to priorities (surfacing scheduling questions, getting aligned on tradeoffs, ensuring enough space/travel time between things, etc.)
o Manage e-mail to pull out and organize to-do items
o Answer phones and check voicemail messages
·Meetings and event support
o Organize logistics for research team meetings and Board meetings
o Provide support for staff meetings and programmatic events
o Greet visitors at the door
o Other tasks as assigned by the Vice President, Policy and Research and the Manager, Office of the President
·Support for Manager, Office of the President
The successful candidate:
- Is known for being highly organized, with strong attention to detail and consistently meet deadlines.
- Is comfortable with technology and proficient with Outlook email and calendar. S/he should also have a track record of learning new technologies and have experience with or be willing to learn other platforms, such as Salesforce, Evernote, Slack, and Wunderlist.
- Is an excellent communicator, both in-person and in writing.
- Has excellent problem-solving skills and a strong sense of ownership over tasks, including follow-through, and has a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Is relentlessly positive and flexible and understands supporting two busy staff is integral to the team’s effectiveness.
- Is interested in expanding analysis and knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society, and has a strong interest in building or deepening their commitment to racial justice work.
Candidates need to bring a strong commitment to excellence and thrive in a fast-paced office environment where the expectation is to manage a high volume of work efficiently without sacrificing quality. The position is full-time and based in New York City.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $40,000- $52,000 and is commensurate with experience. We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 20 vacation days per year, and the opportunity to contribute to a 403b plan.
How to Apply:
Send a thoughtful cover letter and résumé by clicking through the following link:http://demos.hiringthing.com Only complete applications will be considered. We are looking for an immediate hire so applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Dēmos is an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.